Oifig An Chigire Príosún /
Office of the Inspector of Prisons
Welcome to the website of the Office of the Inspector of Prisons.
The Office of the Inspector of Prisons is a statutory, independent office established under the Prisons Act, 2007.
The key role assigned to the Inspector is to carry out regular inspections of the 14 Prisons in the State and to present his report(s) on each institution inspected as well as an Annual Report to the Minister for Justice and Equality.
The Inspector of Prisons Judge Michael Reilly and Professor Andrew Coyle have presented their Report titled
"Culture and Organisation in the Irish Prison Service - A Road Map for the Future" to the Minister for Justice and Equality
on Tuesday 3rd November 2015.
Please click on this link to view the Report
- 27/10/2015 Death in Custody Reports
- 12/06/2015 Omnibus report of investigations into the deaths of prisoners
- 10/10/2014 Inspector of Prisons Annual Report 2014
- 22/09/2014 An overview of Mountjoy Prison Campus with particular emphasis on the Separation Unit
- 04/09/2014 Publication of Inspector of Prisons Deaths In Custody Reports 2013
- More Publications....